Honored to be renewed as an MVP for 2009

Posted on 4/1/2009 @ 4:28 PM in #Non Techie by | Feedback | 4495 views

It is with humility and humbleness that I report that I have been renewed as an MVP by Microsoft for 2009. This is my 7th year as an MVP, and every year the nature of the program has changed with the changing times. It is an incredible experience to be a part of such an elite group.

Sometimes I get emails from individuals across the world asking “How they can be an MVP”.

I also wanted to take this moment, and share my perspective on that question. That, is the wrong question! The Award, is not a goal, it is a consequence. It is a consequence of who you already are. It is merely a recognition of who you already are. Award or not, do you enjoy participating in community work? I do, because it helps me, personally, a LOT, because I learn from all of you. I do it for purely selfish reasons, because this interaction with the many of you, educates me a lot.

So, my answer to that question is, don’t make this award your goal, let it be a consequence of who you already are.

Once again, thank you to Microsoft, for recognizing me as an MVP for 2009.

On 4/2/2009 12:38:18 AM Harish Mathanan said ..
Congratulations Sahil! Well deserved :)

On 4/2/2009 1:13:56 AM DemoGeek said ..
Congratulations Sahil! To me that's an attestation of your technical expertise and to your community contribution (technically). Keep up the good work.

Somebody has to nominate an MVP I guess. If so, how do you do that? Is there a web space out there somewhere where we can nominate some of the people that we know?

On 4/2/2009 12:43:46 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Thanks Harish.

Thanks DemoGeek

Yes - someone has to nominate you. I can nominate, so can other MVPs, or MSFT employees - but if you have to "ask" to be nominated, there is something really wrong! Nominating you should be obvious based on your contributions. People will nominate!

On 4/3/2009 8:25:35 AM Tariq Younas said ..
Harties Contratulations Sahil on MVP again.

Tariq Younas

On 4/3/2009 11:32:33 AM Sahil Malik said ..
Thanks Tariq

On 4/4/2009 1:39:16 PM Bjørn Furuknap said ..
Absolutely brilliant!

I know of few people more deserving of such as title. You really are my SharePoint hero :-)

.b

On 4/4/2009 5:26:33 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Thanks Bjorn. Recognition or not, you're one of the best SharePoint brains in the world today.

On 4/8/2009 4:14:58 AM Saurabh Bahri said ..
Congratulations Sahil! Well deserved.

On 4/18/2009 2:02:26 AM Faheem Larik said ..
Sahil,

You truly deserve this recognition. Congratulations and keep up the good work.

Faheem Larik

On 6/8/2009 3:11:02 AM Aroh Shukla said ..
Congrats! Sahil .....

well deserved recognition !