WOOHOO!! It's finally online, and believe me, I had been waiting for this.
A lot of people have asked me, how I go about debugging and developing such apps. How do I structure my projects, and how do I go about delivering compelling functionality using Silverlight and the client object model.
Also, I wrote a whole bunch about Sandboxed solutions earlier.
- The definitive guide (back to table of contents).
- The basics of a sandbox solution
- Sandbox solution architecture and restrictions
- Sandbox solution monitoring, management and deployment
- Sandbox solution validations
- Sandbox solutions full trust proxies
Also, per a recent podcast, and all that I said above, Sandboxed Solutions are VERY VERY COOL! They are very important, and this is how you will be delivering most of SP2010 custom code going forward.
Yet another very important detail in the silverlight space, are the telerik RAD controls for silverlight. Go see their demos if you don't believe me. I mean, those controls kick some serious a$$.
So, Telerik and I put together a simple video demonstrating
1. Delivering Silverlight Apps that use the Client Object Model
2. Used the Telerik controls to make me more productive :) (and give me good designer skills - LOL)
3. Showed how tough/easy it is to take care of deploying telerik controls on your SP2010 server. It's easy .. :)
4. and finally, showed how I build such a project structure, how debugging etc. is easier etc.
So, without much further ado, here's the webcast.
Question for you guys:
1. Would you like to see something like this for SharePoint 2007?
2. Would you like to see more such videos using Telerik controls in SharePoint?
Would love to hear your comments! Thanks for watchin'!