A word of appreciation

Posted on 7/5/2008 @ 1:05 PM in #Vanilla .NET by | Feedback | 1929 views

Too many people bitch about MSFT. Let me anti-bitch for  a second here. There are many teams at Microsoft. The one I'd like to point out in this blogpost is the ASP.NET guys (maybe I am using the wrong name). I am incredibly impressed at two facets that this team has produced

a) The incredible progress they have made in ASP.NET 3.5, and continue to do so in ASP.NET 4.0
b) The fact that they didn't ignore that acceptance of the cool new features also needs good understandability of all these concepts.

I think, every team at MSFT needs to look at these guys and study their model. I have no idea how they do chalk out the direction, but they continue to impress me.

On 7/6/2008 3:24:41 AM Robert Seso said ..

you're right, kudos to ScottGu & co. for what they are doing. I hope they find a way to support the MVC framework with the next version of Sharepoint.

Btw, is there anything you can do with your blog software so that we can again see the whole articles on Google Reader instead of just the first few sentences and the "Read full article..." link? This seems to have changed some time in April/May, before that the whole articles were displayed.

Regards, Robert

On 7/6/2008 3:35:33 AM Sahil Malik said ..
Hey Robert -

I am trying to save on bandwidth. LOL :)

When I get some time, I'll look into FeedBurner, and move my RSS to that.

Do you know if FeedBurner will let me save bandwidth?

On 7/6/2008 6:28:16 AM Robert Seso said ..

sorry, I have no idea whether FeedBurner lets you save bandwidth. I do know, however, that Scott Hanselman once blogged about it and said it did save his bandwidth somehow. Check http://www.hanselman.com/blog/BlogStatsAreConfusingGETsViewsUserAgentsReadersEyeballs.aspx

Regards, Robert

On 7/6/2008 7:41:10 AM Marco Scheel said ..
Yes ist will. And with the new free feature called MyBand you can set a CNAME and keep controll on the url of your feedburner link. see my blog. I'm pretty happy with the solution so far.

On 7/6/2008 1:13:28 PM Sahil Malik said ..
BTW Robert - I think ASP.NET in general needs to support MVC before SharePoint does :). As I see right now, MVC is hella limiting.

On 7/21/2008 3:43:57 PM Mark Moyer said ..

Your blog posts are great! Is there a way where we can see the images as well? All I see are boxes with the red x in them.

Thanks!

On 7/22/2008 1:21:47 AM Sahil Malik said ..
Hey Mark - your firewall may be blocking them.

All images are on imageshack. Can you ask your network admins to unblock imageshack?