I is renewed MVP. w00t!!

Posted on 4/1/2008 @ 10:42 AM in #Non Techie by | Feedback | 3290 views

Many thanks to Microsoft, and everyone who has attended my talks, read my articles, and my blog, and put up with my corny sense of humor. I'd also like to thank my clients who saw value in my being an MVP, and supported my community efforts by offering me flexibility to do so.

I am pleased to report that I have been renewed as Microsoft MVP in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server competency, with secondary competencies of C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.

This is my 5th consecutive MVP award, and nothing in my career has been as rewarding (in more ways than just financial), than being an MVP. Being a MOSS MVP, is an incredible experience as well. The product team is just incredible, and the product itself is fantastic. I am quite convinced that SharePoint is here to stay and will continue to increase it's dominance with future versions of SharePoint and Office.

This coming year I intend to do a few trainings and conferences (Last to last year, I did 16, and got totally burnt out - so last year I took a total break!), and continue to blog good content. I intend to get extremely dev centric on SharePoint, and address some of the key points that nobody has with SP .. specifically, SilverLight and WCF.

Being an MVP is an incredibly rewarding experience. If you aren’t striving for it, you’re seriously missing out.

Once again, thanks to .. umm .. basically the whole world.

PS: I'll be at the summit on Tue and Wed - please come by and Say Hi.

On 4/1/2008 10:47:29 AM Raymond Lewallen said ..
Congrats! See you at the Summit!

On 4/1/2008 10:49:19 AM Dan Kahler said ..
Congrats, Sahil! It's well deserved. Your contributions to the community (speaking engagements, writing, code samples, DNRTV videos) are extremely valuable, so it's great to see your efforts recognized.

On 4/1/2008 10:49:20 AM Steve Teebagy said ..
Congrats Sahil! I hope there's enough room on your trophy shelf for this latest accolade! :)

-Steve T.

On 4/1/2008 10:56:01 AM Sahil Malik said ..
Thanks Raymond & Congrats to you too!

Dan - thanks :)

Steve - Actually NO!! This year I have to find a new shelf (no kidding!)

On 4/1/2008 3:22:21 PM Norm said ..
that's fantastic! congrats sahil! i won't be at the summit but i'm sure a few people that i work with will be in attendance!

On 4/1/2008 5:31:18 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Norm, .. doesn't matter .. I'll be too drunk to recognize anyone anyway :)

On 4/1/2008 7:28:10 PM Askar said ..
Congrats Sahil!!! Wish you many more :)

On 4/1/2008 8:25:53 PM Brian H. Madsen said ..
Hey!!! Congrats Sahil!! good to see you got reawarded (was there ever any doubt?).

On 4/1/2008 8:49:42 PM Al Pascual said ..
Congratulations! 5th time is a big deal man!

On 4/1/2008 11:05:11 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Thanks Askar :)

Thanks Brian - congrats 2 u 2!

Thanks Al .. Silverlightme.net .. nice domain name.

On 4/2/2008 1:44:22 AM Zubair.NET! said ..
hey Sahil.

Congratulations!

After watching your MOSS training I can say you really deserve it :)

On 4/2/2008 9:43:27 AM Jun Meng said ..
Excellent! Congratulations! :)

On 4/2/2008 11:05:17 AM Sahil Malik said ..
Thanks Zubair :) glad you liked it.

Thanks Jun.

On 4/3/2008 8:25:45 AM Steve said ..
Can I has one too?

So what's the deal? Is it a training-course or do you get awarded it for, like you say, being active within the community?

Congrats btw!

On 4/3/2008 1:48:36 PM Becky Isserman said ..
I'm sure this is a newbie question, but how did you become an MVP in the first place? Did you get nominated by someone at MS or another MVP? I've always wondered what exactly the process is to become an MVP.

Btw, Mazel Tov on another year!

On 4/3/2008 3:33:35 PM Joseph Baggett said ..
Congratulations!!!

On 4/3/2008 9:35:22 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Steve, Becky - the answer is, you can easily become an MVP. Just get involved in the community. I have a few codeplex projects that could use some help - interested? Send me an email from the contact form.

On 4/5/2008 4:22:43 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Thanks Joseph :)