Me and 3 smart guys!!

Posted on 9/10/2007 @ 2:47 PM in #Non Techie by | Feedback | 3450 views

Let me start with a photograph -

You are looking at a picture of me, and three smart guys. From left, Bob Fox, Two blue badges who need no introductions - Lawrence Liu & Allan.

This picture was taken in NYC, over the weekend at the ultimate sharepoint weekend organized and sponsored mostly by Infusion.

This was probably the most different and unique event I have ever seen or attended. Sort of a mix between a code camp and a conference. Quite incredible. The participants were awesome, but I must say, a special shout out goes to the employees at infusion.

Guys, I've worked with a lot of companies, but rarely have I ever seen the level of organization, energy, and enthusiasm that these guys had.

Five Stars!

On 9/10/2007 12:26:36 PM Peter {faa780ce-0f0a-4c28-81d2-3667b71287fd} said ..
I'm curious as to what went on at the "Infusion Dev Brainwash SharePoint weekend". As far as I know, that's why Infusion was paying for the whole thing--you (the participant) get some free SharePoint knowledge and possibly win prizes, and in return, Infusion Dev reserves the right to harvest your kidneys. Both of them.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll publish something eventually.

On 9/10/2007 1:42:10 PM Sahil Malik said ..
No, infusion didn't keep anyone's kidneys. It was a good mutual get together of developers/gurus/msft gurus/and me.

They are probably going to put out a video or something I am sure.

On 9/11/2007 7:33:46 AM Nik said ..
It was a great weekend! Thanks for everything Sahil!

On 9/12/2007 2:32:16 AM Josef Rogovsky said ..
Wait... you mean I didn't need to give Greg my kidneys? ;)

What an awesome weekend. I feel fully recharged and brimming with inspiration. Thanks for sharing your SharePoint knowledge with us Sahil!

Eli Robillard just announced that the Toronto SharePoint Camp will take place on October 20. I'm submitting my team's Sleepless project for session consideration. Hope to see you there!

On 9/12/2007 10:34:09 AM Sahil Malik said ..
Josef - No, no kidneys being extracted.

It was a great event, wasn't it? I'll see if I can come out to Toronto. Will try, no promises.

On 9/13/2007 4:34:04 PM Michael Van Cleave said ..
Sahil is right, it was probably one of the most unique events that I have attended. All of the presenters were excellent and I would also have to credit the Infusion folks for showing all of us a great time in New York.

I also posted a litte bit about the weekend on my blog as well to kind of give you a bit more indepth info about what we got to do and the format.

Thanks Sahil for the deep dive in to SharePoint you provided. I think it has left me with some important things that I really need to get more familiar with.

Michael