Newest feature of Windows Live Writer!

Posted on 6/2/2007 @ 6:03 AM in #Non Techie by | Feedback | 3784 views

Chee thanks MSFT!!

Too bad, this was a product I actually liked. Now they broke it, and it is unusable.

Chee thanks!!

And I know I'm not counting on "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem", to come back and say "Hey, I found what's wrong and I'll fix it".

Update: For those of you, who got screwed by the newest release, the previous release can still be found at - http://www.download.com/Windows-Live-Writer/3000-2068_4-10572482.html (atleast for the time being that is!)

On 6/1/2007 10:47:11 AM AC [MVP MOSS] said ..
Hmm.... might be a PEBKAC error... running even more crash-free than the last beta for me. Check the event log to see what's tripping it up. Might be VMW Workstation ;)

On 6/1/2007 12:33:04 PM Haacked said ..
I'm getting the same problem. At least it doesn't lose my work. But it is really really really annoying. Every time I switch from HTML view back to rich text view (or whatever they call it).

On 6/1/2007 2:24:17 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Andrew, no it isn't PEBKAC. I am running it on Vista - no virtualization involved. It's basically screwed up.

Bro Haacked - mine won't even start. How depressing. :-/

On 6/1/2007 5:26:38 PM Bill said ..
I got the same problem bro ;-(

On 6/1/2007 8:13:29 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Sucks!! And nothing in the event log!

On 6/5/2007 6:16:47 PM Joe Cheng [MSFT] said ..
Sorry it's not working for you. Can you try going to the command line, cd to the WLW program directory, and run "WindowsLiveWriter.exe /openpost" and let me know if that crashes also? I don't mean opening a post, I just mean whether or not the Open dialog even appears.

In the future if you have a problem with Writer I recommend joining us in our forums: http://groups.msn.com/windowslivewriter. You're far more likely to reach us that way than the chances of one of our users pointing us to your blog (thanks Tod)!

On 6/5/2007 6:30:03 PM Spike Washburn (MSFT - Writer Team) said ..
Yikes, there seems to be quite the pileup of crash issues going on here. To be honest, this is the first we've heard of these crashes, so I don't have a lot of info to give you yet, but I'd really like to be able to connect directly with you guys to see if we can figure out what's going on. Can any of you who are consistently reproducing a crash contact me at spikew(at)microsoft.com?

On 6/5/2007 11:13:02 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Joe -

I'm scared to install it again :-/.

Spike .. I'll email ya.

On 6/5/2007 11:15:17 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Joe -

I'm scared to install it again :-/.

Spike .. I'll email ya.

On 6/10/2007 1:17:16 AM Jigar Mehta said ..
No need to curse microsoft. Its the greatest software compnay on the earth, you also know that :)

Go ahead and report it,

Microsoft is always there for help.

On 6/10/2007 1:26:15 AM Sahil Malik said ..
Jigar -

When the program crashed, it didn't tell me where to report the issue.

You'd think the greatest s/w company would think of that nicety, right?