I've met both the author (Mads T), and Luca in person. This post is not an impersonal, anonymous attack.
I am writing about this post. Luca, and the few commentors thought this was a brilliant post. Nobody actually left any hardcore suggestions or comments - most just glazed at the sheer brilliance of the author's gray matter. A bit like watching fireworks.
My different point of view is,
It's a shame that the language is getting so complex. This is the same mistake C++ made 7 years ago, and why .NET was so successful. It's a shame that we are seeing the same mistake being made all over again.
So please make the language simpler, and once you have made the language simpler, apply the same to -
- MS Licensing
- Vista editions and Vista security
Windows Mobile and it's constant freezing. iPhone will probably fix that.
- DRM technologies, music store choices in WM player
- The framework itself (how many ways for two programs to talk to each other?)
- VSTS <-- does anyone actually use that?
- "How to connect to a database" - ADO.NET/Entity Framework/Linq2myAss/Jasper/Astoria/whatever else/?
- .. basically every MSFT product, including MSN messenger.
How about, "Don't underestimate the power of simplicity".
I know this isn't gonna happen, but what's the harm in asking? ;-)