SharePoint 2007 DVD with Carl Franklin & Sahil Malik

Posted on 12/10/2007 @ 10:55 AM in #Community by | Feedback | 4352 views

I am very pleased to announce that the DVD Carl & I worked so hard on, is finally available for sale.

More details can be found at http://www.franklins.net/sp2007dvd.aspx

This is probably the quickest & best way to come upto speed on SharePoint.

Why?

- Books take too long to read, and SharePoint is very clickety pointy, it is a lot quicker and easier to pace it via a Video.

- An in-person trainer, paces for an entire class. It's not like you can pause an in-person trainer, or rewind him.

While I agree that you cannot pause a video and ask the instructor a question, Carl plays that role in the video of constantly interrupting me and asking questions or passing incisive comments.

Also, this needs a laptop or something like that to play the video, whereas a book needs no batteries.

Yes yes I understand. But this still is the quickest way to learn MOSS end to end.

Enjoy!

Update: Sample Video and Detailed TOC is now available.

On 12/7/2007 7:58:05 AM Kent Boogaart said ..

Are there any plans for a downloadable sample, so people can see the audio/video quality? I'm assuming it's great, given that it's produced by the best in the business, but I'm not the one with the money.

Cheers,
Kent

On 12/7/2007 12:44:05 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Kent -
Yes there will be a sampler. Carl is working on it.
The quality is very good, it's DNRTV'ish quality, but higher rez.

Sahil

On 12/12/2007 11:23:15 PM Zubair.NET! said ..

I sent an email to Carl and he informed me that he'll send me a request form for ordering but it's been a while now and Carl is not replying back.

Please get back to me on this.

Thanks,

On 12/13/2007 12:14:41 AM Sahil Malik said ..
I just IM'ed Carl your message. He says --
"tell him tomorrow my office admin comes in and she'll send the form"

On 12/15/2007 12:27:44 AM Brian H. Madsen said ..
Hey Sahil,

What can i say!! Brilliant, just plain brilliant.

I've had a look at the first 5 videos already and i can now 100% vouch for this DVD!

It goes beyond my initial expectations..major kudos to you Sahil and great work from Carl in asking the right questions and his commentary is spot on.

worth every cent!

On 12/16/2007 1:29:09 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Thanks Brian - glad you like it. Yes I think Carl's questions and commentary make all the difference.

I know we would appreciate a review once you've had a chance to view the DVDs.

On 12/17/2007 2:07:02 PM Sreeni.NET said ..
Nice ones but after part 4 ......................

thanks
sreeni

On 12/18/2007 12:57:53 PM Dale Wilson said ..
Are there any plans to have separate modules available for purchase?

On 12/18/2007 2:25:35 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Dale,

That is an interesting suggestion. I'll ping Carl, and let us think about it.

Though maybe not in the immediate future, but eventually.

On 12/21/2007 11:02:25 PM govdon said ..
I just download the whole DVD from the site. I was able to run for few minutes but after some the windows media player is crashing. I also tried real player same problem. Please help.

On 12/23/2007 7:35:44 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Govdon - I suspect there is something wrong with your computer. Can you try on a different computer?

Sahil