Server farm configuration not complete

Posted on 12/17/2007 @ 12:42 AM in #SharePoint by | Feedback | 8707 views

How do I get rid of that message in Central Admin?

Well there is some basic configuration you need to do -

• Start search services (WSS & Office)
  • Provision an SSP
  • Specify outgoing email settings.

Thats the bare minimum to get rid of that message!

On 12/22/2007 2:25:20 PM Jerry said ..
Hi,

I guess you need to extend this list. I just installed MOSS on my laptop but without configuring anything I installed both WSS and MOSS Sp1 and tried to configure sharepoint. Everyting is OK. MOSS and WSS Search are running, Email Setup, SSP Created, Site collection created but still "SERVER FARM CONFIGURATION NOT COMPLETED" :)

Jerry

On 12/22/2007 2:32:58 PM Jerry said ..
Hi and sorry to bug you again. I started Excel + Document conversion services and suddenly Server farm configuration gone. This error seems Random.

On 1/22/2008 4:25:43 PM Rocky said ..
I had the same issue the "SERVER FARM CONFIGURATION NOT COMPLETED" message did not clear. Starting and stopping the Excel and document conversion services cleared this message. I am in a test environment and one of my two WFEs is on the Domain/SQL server. I wounder if that is what caused my issue.

On 5/29/2008 11:06:49 AM Pankaj said ..
Hi jerry,that was awesome...even i stopped and started the excel services and bingo the message's gone...thanks a lot dude..

On 5/29/2008 11:07:11 AM Pankaj said ..

On 1/20/2009 9:40:33 AM Sriram Chitturi said ..
Goto Central Administration> Application Management> Check Services Enabled in this Farm

and check what services are having trouble.

This will give you an indication of what services need restarting.

On 1/27/2009 5:49:13 PM James said ..
Does anyone have any further suggestions? I have restarted all the services, created two SSP's, configured email settings, removed and recreated SSP's, check the server farm services, deleted and recreated the web apps and site collections, and went so far as to delete and re-create the search db's in SQL...I still cannot get rid of the message. Isn’t there just a flag somewhere in an XML file or db table that can be set? Thank you

On 4/14/2010 5:29:40 AM Jigar Sheth said ..
@Sriram Chitturi,

Sir you gave good solution..thanks very much...

On 6/13/2010 6:47:04 AM Syed said ..
Go to Central Administration->Operations>Services on Server

Start all the services. Do an IISRESET then refresh the page. It worked for me.