Getting Lasik done tommorow // Upcoming blogposts

Posted on 10/5/2007 @ 11:18 PM in #Non Techie by | Feedback | 2781 views

Okay folks, I am getting Lasik done tommorow. I am shitty nervous to say the least. I do have a huge pent up series of blogposts that I want to put forth. Stay tuned, as they are coming right after my eyes are functional again.

Here is a teaser on what the next upcoming-content will be all about -

Recently there has been some chitter chatter regarding sharepoint being a good/bad dev. platform. Okay, I already expressed my opinions on that. Brian Madsen left a comment saying that there is too little dev. specific sharepoint content.

Well, worry not - as the next blogpost series is not only going to settle that argument, it will kill it and stomp all over it's dead body once and for all.

Stay tuned! (Hopefully my eyes will be functional this weekend).

Wish me luck!

Update: Lasik went well. About 36 hours after surgery, I can see perfectly well. I still see halos around light sources, but my vision otherwise is crystal clear. Doc. said my eyes are dry - I can't tell. So I'm putting in those artificial tears every 2 hours, and this steroid thingie every 2 hours, and this antibiotic every 2 hours. Damn. Bottomline, it went well, and thanks everyone for your good wishes!

On 10/3/2007 2:16:03 PM Mark Bonafe said ..
Sahil, you will absolutely love your new eyes. I had lasik done two years ago. Expect the most pain the first night. After that, your eyes will be "scratchy" for maybe a week or less, but your vision will be astounding! You should certainly have your eyes by the weekend.

Good luck!

On 10/3/2007 3:10:08 PM G. Andrew Duthie said ..
Good luck, Sahil. Don't be too nervous...this stuff's pretty old-hat. I had mine done earlier this year, and I'm thrilled with the results. Better than 20/20 (no, that's not just marketing you hear on the radio), and little or no discomfort. I did have a little bit of dry-eye for a few weeks after the surgery, but nothing that drops couldn't manage, and went away after a few weeks.

It's awesome to not need glasses, and also to be able to wear cheap sunglasses, and not worry if I lose them.

On 10/3/2007 3:28:54 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Thanks Mark. Still I'm nervous, but if it turns out the be as good as you say - I'd say it was totally worth it.

On 10/3/2007 3:29:12 PM Sahil Malik said ..

On 10/3/2007 3:29:51 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Thanks Andrew. Yeah hopefully the technology is perfected out by now. If I go blind, maybe I could come and live in your garage?

Oh hey - did you get my email?

On 10/5/2007 9:26:03 AM Brian H. Madsen said ..
Hey Sahil,

Good luck with the Lasik - shouldn't worry too much about it.

Besides, who said you need eyes to turn out code anyways ;)

get well and get back fast!