New Article: Writing Custom WebParts for Sharepoint 2007

Posted on 7/17/2006 @ 2:50 PM in #SharePoint by | Feedback | 2055 views

This article demonstrates the writing and deployment of custom webparts on Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007.

Read on .. http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3620316

On 7/18/2006 7:25:44 PM joy said ..
It's very particular.

it's a pity that we can't develop the webpart with UI in vs2005 IDE now.

On 7/18/2006 7:35:08 PM Sahil Malik said ..
Joy,

You absolutely can. The article demonstrates that very clearly, so I'm not sure I understood you right.

On 7/18/2006 9:22:13 PM AC said ..
Great article Sahil! I think what Joy is talking about is no design-time development within the IDE (like we can with ASCX's). Fact is Web Parts are server controls and thus you can have a designer, you just have to built it yourself.

On 7/19/2006 8:08:46 AM Sahil Malik said ..
Andrew :) I see!!

I guess the argument can then be expanded to any server control vs. user control.

So yes this is a downer for server controls, but then there are upsides too.

Speaking of which, there are a few tricks you can use to combine usercontrol UI experience with server control "packaged" experience, and yes those can work in Sharepoint as well.

Hmm .. I see another blogpost in my future.

On 7/20/2006 1:37:54 AM joy said ..
hi all

I'm not quite sure that I understood your. My englist is not good.:)

I use a user control wrapper webpart for my user control now so that I can deploy the user control in the sps2007 site.

But it's not a good idea because many problems appear.

Waiting for your advice.

On 7/20/2006 7:05:53 AM Sahil Malik said ..
Joy - what is your Question? I don't understand :(

On 11/17/2006 2:32:01 AM Deepak said ..
Hi sahil,

this is a good article. I have created one web part using this. But i need to interact with another web part thru this web part.

For example i have 2 web parts.

The first web part contains some dropdowns.By selecting the

dropdown and clicking on the submit button it should display the result in the second web part.

Please suggest me how to do this..

Thanks in advance.