In a bid to finish my site at http://www.winsmarts.com, I had one last page to finish before I could call it "done", viz. http://www.winsmarts.com/Writing.aspx .
Now instead of writing two utilities to maintain content, I have created four new categories on my blog that will drive targeted RSS feeds to populate that section of my site.
So a fair warning: I intend to fill those sections with numerous blog posts, dating back to a fairly long time, because I am trying to centralize all my content at one place. Please pardon this one time blog spam.
Besides that, I've made some serious changes to my blog engine and how it works under the scenes, if you note any bugs, please leave me a comment and I'll fix 'em.
So over the past 2-4 hours, I have been typing code furiously and have implemented the following on my blog engine and website.
- Categories now get automatic permalinks, so there is a page called http://blah.winsmarts.com/Sharepoint.aspx with all my Sharepointy stuff.
- Added relevant URL Rewriting to support permalinks on categories.
- RSS Feeds are now targeted, though I support only http://blah.winsmarts.com/rss2.aspx. But you could do http://blah.winsmarts.com/rss2.aspx?categoryID=3, and that would give you an RSS Feed with only SharePoint posts. This is what I am going to use to drive the http://www.winsmarts.com/writing.aspx page. Please note: I may choose to change the URL for the targeted RSS Feeds, so I recommend subscribing to only the mainfeed at http://blah.winsmarts.com/rss2.aspx.
- Fixed my blogging engine, so it will work under minimum trust. Now I can feel secure about writing blog posts from Word 2007 and Live writer.
- Modified http://www.winsmarts.com/contact.aspx to include an automated reply, and email address hiding.
- Implemented the http://www.winsmarts.com/Writing.aspx page. Right now, it shows no data because I haven't populated the relevant categories on my blog yet. That is coming next, so please pardon the blog spam headed your way over the next couple of days or so.
I have a couple of further ideas that I wish to implement and get done with within December. Seriously, having your own blog engine rocks!!
Wishlist Item: Here is something I have no clue on how to implement – I would love to hear any suggestions. All my images come from imageshack. Uploading each image one by one is quite arduous. Is there a programmatic way of uploading images to imageshack?